Internships are an extension training that aims to expose young trainees to the world of work and provide hands-on professional experience. Internships provide youth an opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills (both hard and soft) in an actual work environment and to adapt to new situations that may come up in a workplace.
For Skill Week 2021, Glocal Pvt. Ltd has collaborated with different organizations to connect young people to the world of work. Internships are usually the result of an agreement between Glocal Pvt.Ltd, the potential internship-hosting organizations and the youth who are seeking for employment.
Internship/Job fair is a platform where youths are exposed to different employability/internship opportunities.
Date: 27th March 2021
Time: 12:30 PM – 4:00 PM
Venue: King’s College, Babarmahal
Objectives & Benefits of Internship:
For youth, some of the key benefits of participating in an internship include the opportunity to:
- Gain valuable career-related experience in a real-world environment
- Increase confidence in newly acquired skills and abilities
- Expand knowledge of career options in specific industries
- Cultivate important professional contacts for future employment
- Build and strengthen CVs
- Gain opportunities to develop their personal & professional skills
Youth can choose among the internship opportunities that will be provided during skill week.